GP online services allow you to access a range of services via your computer or mobile. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
· book or cancel appointments online with a GP or nurse
· renew or order repeat prescriptions (http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/pharmacists/Pages/eps.aspx) online
· view parts of your GP health record (http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/thenhs/records/healthrecords/Pages/overview.aspx) , including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
The service is free. Everyone who is registered with a GP can have access to their practice's online services. For more details, see How can I start using GP online services? (http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/doctors/Pages/gp-online-services.aspx#start)
If you are not yet registered with a GP practice see our information about how to register with a GP practice (http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/doctors/Pages/NHSGPs.aspx#register).
How can I start using GP online services?
To sign up for online services:
1. Tell your GP practice that you would like to start using their online services
2. A member of the practice will then ask you to fill in a short form
3. You will have to provide photo ID and proof of address. If you do not have any ID then either a member of staff will have to confirm your identity or you may have to answer questions about personal information in your GP record
4. Once you have signed up, you will receive a letter with your unique username and password and a link to where you can log in